We are open!
Kiama and Gerringong libraries are open and operating with Library Express, in accordance with current health orders.
The Kiama Family History Centre remains closed until further notice.
If you'd prefer to continue social distancing by staying at home, our eLibrary is always open, and you can return items after-hours through our 24/7 external return chutes.
The health and wellbeing of our customers and staff is our priority, and Library Express allows us to offer a safe service that meets social distancing and hygiene guidelines. While there are some restrictions on our regular services, we are also pleased to launch some exciting innovations, such as our new library app and self-check options to help make your experience safer and easier.
What does Library Express look like?
• Maximum of 50 customers in the library
• Browse and borrow for a maximum of 30 minutes
• Limited study and work spaces are now available
• Five public computers available for a maximum of 30 minutes with no session renewals. Advance bookings can be made at the library or by phoning (02) 4233 1133
• Self-check options – download our new Kiama Library App for a contact-free checkout with your own device, or use our new self-check station (please bring your library card)
• Limited events and programs - check our What's On schedule and Kiama Library YouTube channel for Toddler Tales Online
• Family History Centre remains closed
• No newspapers
• Cashless transactions preferred
• Quarantining of returned items
COVID-19 safety plan
A COVID-19 safety plan has been developed for Kiama and Gerringong libraries based on NSW Government guidelines to help create a safe environment for library customers and staff.
Please use sanitiser on entering the library and sanitising wipes to clean computer equipment before use, and stay at home if you are unwell.
Your library @ home
Our Home Library service is available for the house-bound, and we encourage you to make use of our fantastic eLibrary, including eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines.
We've created a Your Library @ Home page with great ways to help you find your next great read, delve into the past, and stay inspired and connected while you're at home.
Check out our Kids Library page for some great resources and activities for the kids, too.
Looking for some work-from-home volunteer opportunities? We need your help with Kiama Stories, our new oral history project.
While our Family History Centre is closed, you can access Ancestry.com from home - why not get started on your family tree?
Need help joining the library or setting up eBooks? Contact us via email or phone during opening hours.
Stay up to date
Stay up to date regarding COVID-19 by referring to NSW Health, and Kiama Council for local information and other useful links. Information resources are also available from NSW Health in community languages.
Follow Kiama Library on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter or subscribe to our e-newsletter to stay up to date on our services and be connected with your library.