Built in 1876. It bears the name of Robertson Basin, called after the Colonial Secretary of the Day, Hon. John Robertson, MLA.
With the commencement of blue metal quarrying, ship loading hoppers were built at the harbour side. Horse drawn drays were initially used to transport the metal from the quarries to the hoppers. In 1913 a tramway using steam locomotives was constructed along Terralong Street from the quarry to the harbour. The following year a branch line was laid along Manning Street to metal loading bins near the railway station.
The railway, gradually took over the transport of blue metal and farm produce.
A coffer dam had to be built in the construction of the harbour.