The erection of a new Town Hall was taken to referendum in 1913. Of the 198 eligible voters only 31 voted and of these 23 opted for Council Chambers rather than a Town Hall. As a result the present rather imposing double storied building was erected.
Council Chambers 1950's and 2012
(If images don't appear first up, a simple browser refresh (F5) should fix it)