The old building on the site, is the original Wesleyan Church of which the foundation stone was laid in 1850.
In 1862 Thomas Moon built a large church, designed by Thomas Rowe, a Sydney Architect, to the north of the original church at a cost of 553 pounds. It had a shingle roof and was lined with red cedar.
This church served the Wesleyans and with the change of denominational name, the Methodists until 1968, when severe storms damaged the building which was subsequently demolished. It was superseded by the Methodist Fellowship Centre, (The Uniting Church Fellowship Centre).