The Kiama's Pilot’s Cottage was the residence of the local harbour pilots from 1881 to 1981. It is now the home of Kiama Historical Society.
Built in 1880-1881, the Cottage was occupied by a series of officers in charge of the Harbour. They controlled Kiama's contact with the outside world, using the Cottage as their home and office for almost a century.
In 1978 the last Pilot retired and the Cottage become empty and derelict. Ten years later the Kiama District Historical Society took over the building.
For special group tours or school visits ask at the Visitors’ Centre for a contact number.
One of the best views of Kiama is from the verandah of the cottage.